Audition or present your portfolio for any of our four performing arts programs. More Information...
Degrees in Music
and Music Education
The Department of Music at Adelphi University is firmly committed to the teaching of excellence in all areas of music and music education. The department provides:
- A strong foundation for future academic and professional development
- Opportunities for musical and intellectual growth at the highest level, including a wide range of performance and presentation opportunities both at the local and national levels
- Comprehensive curriculum leading to K-12 Certification for Music Education majors
- Small class size and individualized learning experiences
- Cultural enrichment that benefits the University and greater community
Classes provide a foundation in music theory, aural skills, musicianship, and music history. Performance experience is gained and developed through:
Plans of study and additional information:
- Instrumental or vocal lessons
- Participation in large (band, chorus, and orchestra) and small (chamber, guitar, jazz, opera, and world music) ensembles
- Participation in performances such as student recitals, ensemble concerts, and Broadway revues
include a mandatory audition that is scheduled by appointment.
The Department of Music, in cooperation with the Office of Admissions, offers talent scholarships each year to outstanding and deserving entering first-year students who show evidence of unusual ability and potential as musicians.
General Education Requirements
All students must satisfy the University’s General Education and foreign language requirements, in addition to the requirements for the major in music or music education.
For additional information about Adelphi University music
degree programs, contact:
Performing Arts Center
Music Department, Room 207
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p - 516.877.4290
f - 516.877.4286
e - email@example.com