July 23-July 27, 2012
Adelphi University partners with Winthrop-University Hospital to host a week long summer science camp designed to educate high school students considering careers in the sciences, medicine, and health professions. Students who will be entering 9, 10, 11 and 12 grades are welcomed to apply to the Science Summer Camp.
View Science Camp program description.
- Discussion of research leading to the understanding of human genes
- Medical imaging technology: X-ray, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), radiation and medical technology for treating disease
- Cancer Therapeutics: understanding cancer and generalized cancer treatments
- Oncology: exploring cancer diagnosis and targeted cancer therapies and visit Winthrop's Cytogentics Lab
- Guest speaker to talk about life as a surgeon and information session on how to best prepare for careers in the health professions
Registration for this non-credit course is $500. Lunch will be provided each day. Transportation from Adelphi to Winthrop Monday through Thursday will be also provided.
Please Note: Students must arrange for their own transportation to Adelphi each morning and arrange for pick up from Winthrop each afternoon. Students must arrange for their own transportation to and from the program on Friday, July 27 which is the last day of camp and will be held on the Adelphi campus.